Tuesday, December 6, 2011

My top 10 craft necessities countdown...#10

I thought that starting this blog in the winter would be perfect, because I tend to craft less in the summer.  What I didn't think about was that the majority of my crafting right now is Christmas presents...which I can't really post on here, as my family does read this (or they better be).

But post-Christmas, get ready!

To start off the countdown to the holidays, I thought I'd share my top 10 crafting necessity countdown (there'll be one a day so stay tuned.)  Without these, my life would be incomplete and gray.*
*slight dramatization

These are in no particular order (I just couldn't value one above the other):

A good sewing machine

Note that good does not necessarily mean new.  Deciding what your needs are will determine whic machine is best for you.  For instance, if all you need is a machine that goes forward and backward, I would recommend a vintage Singer (you can pick one up on eBay for less than $40).


My mom and I purchased a heavy duty vintage Singer that I still use to sew leather, because as much as I love my new machine..."they don't make 'em like they used to."

However, if you need something with a few more bells and whistles, consider a Brother machine (not a paid advertisement, I swear).  I did a lot of research before I bought mine--yes I'm one of those people--but I couldn't be happier with my Brother CS6000i.
Next on my wishlist? A serger...

No comments:

Post a Comment