Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Last minute Christmas gift ideas...



Honestly, if you're reading this today looking for gift ideas, take my advice: go buy a gift card.  But if you too have a strong desire to cause yourself undue stress this holiday season, please read on...

These are quick, easy gift ideas that I have used on more than one occasion when I need a quick gift.

Infinity scarves
All you need is 2 yards of fabric and half an hour (or less).  There are a ton of tutorials out there, so you can easily pick one based on your style/budget.  My personal favorite pattern is here.


Wood Ornaments
These are definitely my go-to for last minute giftys.  You need a wood ball, ribbon, and paint.  I just paint a wintery design on the ball, loop some ribbon on the top, and secure with a staple gun.


Food
Never, ever underestimate the gift of food.  I LOVE getting baked goods around the holidays...it's one less stresser.  I like to give out those jar cookie mixes, topped with ribbon and a cute label (my favorite are Cranberry Hootycreeks, because of the festive colors).
However, my favorite food type gift to give is pancake mix and syrup.  I found the best syrup recipe ever here...it got rave reviews from everyone!

Alcohol
For the over 21 crowd of course...after getting my last heat bill, I found myself relying on a liquid blanket a time or two to keep warm.  I saw this picture on pinterest, and couldn't wait to create my own "reinbeer."
I think it would make cute wine bottles as well.

Unfortunately all my other clever ideas can't be posted until after the holidays, so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment