Thursday, December 8, 2011

New kitchen decor!

(This is a quick interlude from my countdown, I'll continue with that in a few)

My mom laughs at me constantly because I am never happy with my decor. Ever. I redecorate/retheme like every 6 months.  Lately, my problem has been with my kitchen...so it was time for a redo!  I just ordered fabric to recover my chairs (pictures soon) and in addition to my mixer art I did a few more framed pieces.

I bought a set of 40+ vintage advertising cookbooks on eBay (yep, still an addict) awhile ago for $15 (including shipping!) and have been waiting to get inspired for the perfect project.

Here's what I ended up with:



My main colors are going to be green, yellow and teal (all vintage hues, of course) with other colors added in...because heaven forbid I have a room with matchy matchy decor. Which, when I have my own house with it's 1950's kitchen* will look fab.
*post-Mega Millions lottery win, of course.

You could do this with any sort of old media--advertisements, newspapers, magazine/book covers, etc.

My next project will be with this little wonderment (picked up at a yardsale for 50 cents...and yes it works, but I totally bought it for the box):


"Guaranteed to crack your nut."

No comments:

Post a Comment