Thursday, December 1, 2011

ten minute wall art

This title may be a little misleading for some, but to be clear: this would take 10 minutes for a person to do IF they're alone and without distractions.  I, however, had "help":


Don't let the face fool you.  He's a devil. His version of "help" was pouncing on my hands as I cut, racing through the middle of my projects and attacking the iron.  And of course now, NOW that I'm all done, he's curled up next to me taking a nap.  Punk.

Anyway, on to the project.

Preface: Tomorrow is going to be a great day. Why? Because after two years of agonizing over price, color and model, I finally bought a KitchenAid mixer.  Which means today was spent cleaning and decorating my kitchen for my mixer.

Totally pathetic, I know.

I needed something big and simple for one of my walls, so I thought what better way than to make mixer art?!
(Of course, if you are not obsessing about a new appliance, you could pick anything)

Supplies
Poster frame (I bought a black frame at Wal-Mart and spray painted it the color I wanted)
Graphic that measures about 20"x20", or whatever is appropriate for the size of your frame
Muslin, or other solid fabric
Cotton fabric
Fusible web (I actually didn't have any of this on hand (crafting sin, I know!) but I had some double sided heavy duty stuff that I used, and I kind of liked it...it gave the mixer some dimension)


1) Wrap the muslin around the cardboard backing of the frame, and tape in place.

2) Fuse a square of webbing onto the backside of your cotton print and trace your graphic (reverse side up).

3) Cut out and figure out placement on your muslin.


4) Iron.

5) Place in frame, pull muslin taut.

All done!
You may now hit your easy button.




It's fun, simple, and goes with my vintage-themed kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment